Today, our unions begin voting on ratifying the Tentative Agreements approved and recommended last Friday. If you are a member of your union, look for your ballot in an email from Election Runner. You will have until Monday, May 8, at 12 p.m. to fill out your ballot.
You will be asked to vote yes or no on ratifying the Tentative Agreements. Use the links below to find the complete text of the TAs and union resources for understanding them. We’re proud to finally present these agreements to you to vote on after a full year of bargaining and a historic strike. We believe we made substantial gains, especially for the most vulnerable and lowest-paid. These agreements aren’t perfect, but we are ready to keep fighting around issues where they fall short of what we deserve.
You’ll also be asked to vote on whether you support a proposal to ask those represented by our unions to make a voluntary, sliding-scale contribution to the Rutgers Beloved Community Fund established during negotiations. You can find out more about the proposal by clicking here. You can also watch and share this powerful video made with our student and community allies.
If you are a member and don’t see an email in your inbox from Election Runner, please check your spam folder AND any other email account you have. If you haven’t received a ballot—or if you know of members who didn’t get a ballot or this email—fill out this form, and we’ll get a new ballot to you as quickly as possible.
Under our unions’ bylaws and prevailing labor law, votes on contract ratification and union elections are limited to members of the union. If you aren’t yet a member, there’s still time to join your union and cast a ballot; click here and fill out the form, and we will get you a ballot as quickly as possible.
Rutgers AAUP-AFT, Rutgers Adjunct Faculty Union, and AAUP-BHSNJ
Complete Text of the Tentative Agreements
- Full-Time Faculty and Graduate Worker Tentative Agreement (including BHSNJ health sciences faculty)
- Adjunct Faculty Tentative Agreement
- Postdoctoral Associates and Fellows Tentative Agreement
- EOF Counselors Tentative Agreement
- Winter-Summer Instructors Tentative Agreement
Highlights of the Tentative Agreements
- Highlights of the Tentative Agreements for All Three Unions
- Tentative Agreement Highlights Slide Deck
Resources for Understanding the TAs
- Summaries of Articles in the Full-Time Faculty (including BHSNJ) and Grad Worker TA
- Summaries of Articles in the Adjunct Faculty TA
- Summaries of Articles in the Postdoc TA
- Summaries of Articles in the EOF Counselors TA
- Summaries of Articles in the Winter-Summer Instructors TA
- Raise Calculator for Full-Time Faculty