October is open enrollment month for your state health benefits at Rutgers. Any changes that you make this month will go into effect on January 1, 2022. Earlier this year, the Coalition of Rutgers Unions successfully negotiated more affordable health insurance options. If you didn’t change plans during the special enrollment period in May, you may be able to save money, remain with your current health care providers, and keep your current level of coverage by selecting a new plan now.
The union will be holding open meetings the week of October 25 if you have any questions or concerns about benefits. You can stop in during the following dates and times:
- Monday, October 25, 9–10 a.m.: Click here for the Zoom link
- Monday, October 25, 6–7 p.m.: Click here for the Zoom link
- Tuesday, October 26, 9–10 a.m.: Click here for the Zoom link
- Tuesday, October 26, 6–7 p.m.: Click here for the Zoom link
- Wednesday, October 27, 9–10 a.m.: Click here for the Zoom link
- Wednesday, October 27, 6–7 p.m.: Click here for the Zoom link
You can also send an email with your questions about our health benefits to Patrick Nowlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becky and Todd
Rebecca Givan, President, Rutgers AAUP-AFT
Todd Wolfson, General Vice President, Rutgers AAUP-AFT
Find the latest messages to members and union statements here.
For union merch, email us at email@example.com.
Read our FAQ: Know Your Contract, Know Your Rights!