Join the #WeRNotDisposable Car Caravan Protest
When: Saturday, April 25, 12pm
Where: Gather at parking lot of PappaRich Edison, 1711 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ so we can leave as a caravan
What: We are holding a physical-distancing safe car caravan action Saturday, April 25, 12pm to demand:
- Secure urgently needed PPE for Rutgers employees
- No layoffs
- Settle all outstanding union contracts
- Immediate access to health care for all Rutgers workers and community residents
- Full transparency of Rutgers’ finances and crisis plans
- Commitment to hazard pay for the frontline care providers caring for NJ.
- Labor union involvement in all job continuity and work reassignment decisions
Who: AAUP-AFT, PTLFC-AAUP-AFT, HPAE-AFT, CIR-SEIU, AAUP-BHSNJ
What to Do: Bring signs from home, with rope/tape to attach to your cars. Park cars in PappaRich parking lot at least 20 feet apart. Attach signs on cars.
Slogans for Car Signs:
· “An Injury to One is An Injury to All”
· “PPE for All Rutgers Health Care Employees!”
· “No Layoffs for Rutgers Adjuncts!”
· “Medical Faculty deserve a contract now!”
· Health Care Access to All!
Route: From PappaRich parking lot, we’ll drive in a slow moving caravan (about 20 mph) south on Route 27, through Highland Park and end at President Barchi’s house. We have two stops:
- Old Queen’s Gate (corner of College Ave and Somerset and George) where one member will get out of their car and state why we are protesting, and another will film.
- President Barchi’s residence in Piscataway
Why: To unite and shout out to Rutgers #WeRNotDisposable!