The Committee on Nominations and Elections was charged with the responsibility of preparing a call for nominations for the Part-Time Lecturer Chapter Executive Board, for the ten (10 ) one-year terms that are open and will commence on September 1, 2016.
Representing the interests of Part-Time Lecturers, Rutgers AAUP-AFT needs energetic, committed and capable people from all campuses to serve on its Executive Board. Being a member of the Executive Board can be time-consuming and challenging work as the Board strives to advance the Part-Time Lecturer profession. It is also rewarding, providing the stimulating opportunity to work with colleagues from different campuses and schools of thought.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Executive Board:
1) Determine membership dues in accordance with Article II.
2) Assume responsibility for general fiscal affairs and approve the annual budget.
3) Conduct the affairs of the organization through its standing and special committees, and joint activities with the Rutgers Council of AAUP Chapters, AAUP-AFT as provided in both organizations’ By-Laws.
4) Authorize legal action on behalf of the Part-Time Lecturer Faculty Chapter.
5) Authorize, after a secret vote by the membership, job actions in support of the Chapter’s collective bargaining goals.
6) Authorize joint meetings with the Executive Council of the Rutgers Council of AAUP Chapters, AAUP-AFT. No matters not directly concerning elections, bylaws, collective negotiations, grievance handling, dues, or any other internal matters shall be voted on at such meetings.
7) Select from its members two (2) non-voting delegates to the Executive Council of the Rutgers Council of AAUP Chapters, AAUP-AFT.
8) Establish and abolish special committees as it may deem necessary.
9) Establish specific charges for each Chapter Executive Board committee.
10) Attend monthly Saturday or Sunday meetings at the Rutgers AAUP-AFT office (New Brunswick campus)
This year there are ten (10) seats open for nominations on the PTL Executive Board. The E Board consists of one (1) Board representative for every one hundred (100) chapter members or fraction thereof, at least one (1) of which shall be from Camden; at least one (1) from Newark; and with a minimum of at least three (3) who are at-large representatives. The officers of the PTL Faculty Chapter are not up for election this year; they serve two year terms.
PLEASE NOTE: Only AAUP-AFT members may be nominated or self-nominate via email. Nominees will need to provide biographical information and a candidate's statement on why they are running to email@example.com. In order for a nominee to appear on the ballot, the email with biographical information and the candidate's statement must be received no later than 4:00 PM ON FRIDAY JUNE 3, 2016.
If you have any questions, call Cathy Stanford at the AAUP-AFT office 732-964-1000, ext. 10 or email New Brunswick PTL Vice-President John Castella at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTL Nominations and Elections Committee
Rutgers Council of AAUP Chapters, AAUP-AFT
11 Stone Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Office phone: (732) 964-1000
Fax: (732) 964-1032