Calling Rutgers undergrad students who are into social justice activism! Ask a union member to nominate and another to recommend you for the scholarship.
Wells H. Keddie Scholarship
13th Year Download the flyer
AAUP-AFT is proud to announce the availability of the Wells H. Keddie Scholarship. The scholarship, awarded each year in the spring, honors the memory of Wells H. Keddie, long-time labor activist, member of the AAUP-AFT Executive Council, and Professor Emeritus, of the Department of Labor Studies (SMLR).
The scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student who
• is expected to have earned a total of 60-90 credits by June of the semester preceding the fellowship (normally a Junior)
• is enrolled in any of the Rutgers Undergraduate colleges
• combines solid academic work with social activism
Nominations should be made by March 1, 2018. The award will be announced and distributed in the spring 2018 semester.
The application/nomination process consists of the following:
• a letter of nomination by a faculty member, describing the student's involvement in activism, whether on/off campus, and explaining why the student would be a good choice for this particular award
• a personal statement by the student, regarding both current activism and long-term goals
• a copy of the student's transcript
• a résumé listing the student’s activities and responsibilities
• a letter of recommendation by a second faculty member
2017 Winners: Carimer Andujar $2500; Taqwa Brookins $500; Dominique Carlucci $1500; Jamila Daniel $1000; Aysenur Guc $1000; Christopher Markosian $1000; and Anjanette Vaidya $1500.
WHK Scholarships have been awarded since 2006
Union members, please post this flyer in your department. Share the flyer with students. Nominate and encourage other union colleagues to nominate qualified students.
Tax-deductible donations are welcome. Please send your check (payable to the WHK Scholarship Fund) to the address below.
Please send scholarship application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wells H. Keddie Scholarship Fund
Rutgers Council of AAUP/AFT Chapters
11 Stone Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901