You are here
Rutgers AAUP-AFT Events
Strategies for defending our students in the Trump Era
Building on the exceptional mobilization effort of our members for the Women’s March on Washington, we would like the next chapter meeting to open a conversation about how we move forward together in this new climate of increasing attacks on academic freedom, Trump’s Muslim ban, and the threat of deportations. We want to hear your thoughts, concerns, and ideas about how we protect and stand alongside our students and build a democratic institution here at Rutgers.
AAUP will host a Bystander Intervention training as part of this Newark chapter meeting. Other unions and student groups have been invited to come be a part of the conversation. All are welcome to attend.
Please join us to discuss:
• Strategies for defending our students in the Trump era
• Date and Time: Wednesday, March 1, 2:30pm-4:00pm
• Location: Paul Robeson Campus Center, Bergen Room 255/6/7
• RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm so we order enough snacks and refreshments
I look forward to seeing you there.
Secretary, Rutgers AAUP-AFT
Professor 1, FASN - Arts, Culture & Media
RSVP by March 17 for this workshop for tenure-track and tenured faculty working at Rutgers-Newark campus
Are you soon to be considered for reappointment, promotion and/or tenure?
Or Simply want to better understand the process for evaluation of tenure-track and tenured faculty?
Plan to attend a Workshop/Panel discussion for tenured/tenure-track Newark faculty and hear a review of the evaluation procedures from those who know them best.
- Barbara Lee, Senior Vice President for Academic Affaird and Chair of the Promotion Review Comittee (Promotion Review Committee)
- Jan Ellen Lewis, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (Dean's Review)
- Todd Clear, University Professor of Criminal Justice, School of Criminal Justice (A & P Committee Review)
- Jack Lynch, Professor and Chair, Department of English, FASN (Departmental Review)
- Sallie Kasper, Assistant Dean, Faculty of Arts and Sciences (Form 1 and Packet Preparation)
- Johanna Christian, Associate Professor, School of Criminal Justice (Moderator)
When? Monday, March 27, 2017
Registration/ Lunch: 11:30 AM
Program: Noon - 2 PM
Where? Paul Robeson Campus Center
Bergen Rooms 255-6-7
RSVP by March 17: (732) 964-1000, ext 11, Wendy Asreen; by email: email@example.com
Sponsored by the Rutgers AAUP-AFT
RSVP by Tuesday, March 21 to reserve a seat
RSVPs by March 21: (732)964-1000 Ext. 11 or end an email to Wendy Asreen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan to attend a Workshop/Panel Discussion for tenured/tenure-track Camden faculty and hear a review of the evaluation procedures from those who know them best.
Download the flyer here
When? Friday, March 31, 2017
Registration/Lunch: 12 Noon
Program: 12:30pm to 2:30pm
401 Penn Classroom [side door entrance of the Paul Robeson Library, take elevator to 4th floor], Rutgers-Camden
Look for PENN401 on the map: https://www.camden.rutgers.edu/pdf/CampusMap.pdf
- Michael Palis, Provost, Camden (Promotion Review Committee)
- Kriste Lindenmeyer, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Howard Marchitello, Sr., Associate Dean for the Graduate School and Research, FAS (Dean’s Review)
- Carol Kaufman-Scarborough, Professor of Marketing, School of Business (A&P Committee Review)
- Richard Harris, Professor and Chair, Political Science, FAS, holding a joint appointment in the Department of Public Policy and Administration, FAS (Departmental Review)
- Jennifer Penley, Academic Labor Relations Manager, Office of Academic Labor Relations (Form 1 and Packet Preparation)
- Janet Golden, Professor and Graduate Program Director, History, FAS (Moderator)
RSVPs by March 21: (732)964-1000 Ext. 11 or by e-mail: email@example.com
SPONSORED BY THE RUTGERS AAUP-AFT