A. Agenda materials for the regular monthly public meeting of the Board of Governors will be forwarded to the AAUP-AFT at the time they are distributed to the members of the Board of Governors with the following exceptions:
1. All items related to personnel actions;
2. Advisory, consultative or deliberative materials as defined by the Open Public Records Act;
3. Confidential or privileged materials relating to items that involve matters that may be discussed in closed session under the Open Public Meetings Act.
Disputes about A.2. and A.3. shall be grievable only through Step One of Article 9. Nothing herein shall preclude a challenge to a University determination made pursuant to A.2. or A.3. being brought before an appropriate governmental or judicial forum.
B. 1. Before being presented to the Board of Governors, proposed changes in University policies and/or practices affecting the terms and conditions of employment of the members of the negotiations unit shall first be submitted to the AAUP-AFT for negotiation.
2. Section B.1. above shall be construed to require negotiations only as to those aspects of such proposed changes that constitute mandatory subjects of negotiation. Disputes concerning whether a proposed change in University policies and/or practices involves a mandatory subject of negotiations shall be resolved by submission to the Public Employment Relations Commission under its scope-of-negotiation processes.
C. Annual Motor Vehicle Registration Fee
1. The annual motor vehicle registration fee for employees wishing to register their vehicles for the use of campus parking facilities shall be based on the employee's annual salary at the time of billing. Collection of the motor vehicle registration fee shall be in January of each academic year.
2. The annual motor vehicle registration fee for employees wishing to register their vehicles for the use of surface campus parking facilities shall be 1/10 of one (1) percent of the employee's annual salary for employees earning less than $25,000. For salaries from $25,000 to $29,999 the rate shall be 11/100th of one (1) percent (.0011). For salaries from $30,000 to $34,999, the rate shall be 12/100th of one (1) percent (.0012). For salaries from $35,000 to $39,999 the rate shall be 14/100th of one (1) percent (.0014). For salaries from $40,000 to $44,999, the rate shall be 16/100th of one (1) percent (.0016). For salaries from $45,000 to $49,999 the rate shall be 18/100th of one (1) percent (.0018). Thereafter, the rate shall increase 2/100th of one (1) percent (.0002) for each additional $10,000 of salary or portion thereof, the new rate to be applied to the entire salary. Thus, the rate for $50,000 - $59,999 is .002, $60,000 - $69,999 is .0022, $70,000 - $79,999 is .0024, etc.
3. To the extent permitted by law, effective January 1, 2000, employees who pay the motor vehicle registration fee for the use of campus parking facilities by way of payroll deduction shall be given the option of paying said fee by way of a pretax payroll deduction.
D. Cameras in Classrooms
At the request of the AAUP-AFT, the University will meet to discuss any objections or concerns the faculty may have regarding the installation or use of cameras in classrooms.